Cut the leashes! Break out the doggy treats! Convene a meeting of the Canine Chowder and Ham Bone Marching Society! One of my readers has bestowed a great honor on this shy and humble scribe. It’s called the Versatile Blogger Award. While I shouldn’t divulge this information because it might spoil my image, I can’t help myself. I love being awarded anything! It’s in my blood lines – both mom and dad were best of show canines – so blame them. Please give me a few seconds to bask in the spot light….
Okay, I’ve basked enough. First, I want to THANK Jodi Stone, you can find this discerning blogger at www.jodistone.wordpress.com , for presenting me this award. Next, I want to thank my parents, my teachers, especially Dr. Longfellow the Bassett who has honed my literary skills, the water meter reader who always pets me, my friends in the ‘hood, the Pope, the Academy out there in Hollywood, and Mrs. G for her love and attention.
Let’s see, did I miss anyone? Oh yes, I should mention the Geezer whose computer is required to produce my blog. He also does a few little things like feeding me, walking me, and providing me with comic relief. And, he is my best friend.
I would be remiss if I were to not scrupulously perform the required tasks accompanying this august award. These include: 1) Post a link back to the person who gave you the award, 2) Share seven random things about yourself, 3) Award fifteen blogs you’ve discovered and like, and 4) Drop them a note and tell them about it. So here goes—-
First here’s the link to that paragon of literary taste and blogging virtuosity, Jodi Stone. www.jodistone.wordpress.com
Second here’s seven things you don’t know about me.
* I can eat two cups of Beneful dogfood in the amazing time of 11.913 seconds. The Geezer stop watched my time. One disclaimer, the entrée was served with gravy on top. I don’t recommend this behavior, it creates gas.
* I read a lot! I like Sparks, Cornwell, Ivanovich, Clancy, Gresham and many others, but my all time favorites are Norman Maclean, Harper Lee, Mark Twain, Bruce Catton, and Max Schulmann.
* I’m an avowed nudist! I haven’t been able to influence the Geezer, though. As far as I can get him is to work at the computer in his underwear.
* I’m a connoisseur of all types of eatables. Particularly meaty dishes, pastas, breads, soups, cuishes, desserts, socks, underwear, shoes (left side only), the neighborhood flowers, and roadkill. My human says I’m truly a connoisseur without the conno. I’m not quite sure about that.
* I love baseball, football (my favorite), softball, volleyball, basketball (the most difficult for me to sink my teeth in), tennis ball, golf ball, or just plain old ball-ball. My specialty is chase and retrieve. Surprise, surprise.
* I love to get up early in the morning, watch the sunrise while sipping coffee, and look at the osprey soar and scream their “good mornings” to the Geezer and me as we sit on the dock behind our house.
* My most favorite, number uno, bell-ringin’, supremo thing is making the Geezer look foolish. The only problem is it’s just too easy to do.
Third, here are those 15 blogs (OH hell let’s make it 20) I’ve discovered and enjoy!
Four says to drop them all a note – which, of course, I shall do! All of those that are receiving it – pass it along.
Thanks again JS –